Friday, April 25, 2008

The season is here


The air is warming, the trees are in bloom, the birds are singing, the playground is a buzz and water ice is being served. Yum-o! I have been craving the cold treat that you just can’t get enough of. Today, I had the pleasure of having this sweet temptation for the first time this year. Oh how I’ve been waiting for this day since September when they closed the red doors on the building. Italian water ice is a cross between shaved ice and a slurpee. It is the best thing on a hot day and we love to have dinner and then walk down the street to our favorite place. There’s no debate that John's Water Ice, at 7th and Christian in South Philly, is the real deal. It is only open seasonally, and there are four flavors: cherry, chocolate, lemon and pineapple. On the weekends during the summer they produce an additional special flavor. My favorite is cherry, Leslie likes the chocolate, and Zane insist on only eating the cherry. On a really hot day I’ll get a medium with half cherry and half chocolate.

5 comments:

D said...

We've moved! Check us out at our new home:

http://aroundtheworldand2kids.wordpress.com/

Matthew & Jessica said...

Yum!

Heather said...

You were in the top 20 commentors at my blog http://all-4-thebest.blogspot.com! I'll send out your FREE Yoplait Kids coupon ASAP. Just email me at mhlessiter(at)zoominternet(dot)net! :o)

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

Yummo! That makes my mouth water!

The Kings said...

That water-ice sounds good. We want one! - Dylan and Kiera