Tuesday, May 6, 2008

With His help, I know I can do big things!

Tonight while putting Zane to bed, I was reminded of an important lesson. Our night routine involves a story of his choice and a bible story. Zane has a new Veggie Tales bible that he loves, so we’ve been reading from it.  Tonight, after reading our story about forgiveness and talking about the lesson he asked me. “Daddy, what is your favorite Bible story?” I thought about it for a minute and then I told him that I like the story of David & Goliath. He said that is nice. “I love the story of the giant Pickle that crashes.” For those of you who don’t watch Veggie Tales it is the story of David & Goliath.  I reminded Zane that it is the same as David & Goliath.  He then said “He’s big but God is bigger”. How true is that? Often times we get so focused on the problem and forget about God.  I don’t mean that everything is going to turn out the way we want because it often doesn’t. But I take comfort in knowing that He is bigger than anything that I face.

No comments: