Monday, December 22, 2008
Zane came downstairs and told me he had given Eli a haircut. I thought surely he meant a pretend haircut with the pretend plastic scissors...they are fond of pretending to give haircuts. But he informed me that it was with the scissors that have the plastic thing on them...ie. his craft scissors from his craft box. (Note to self: Don't let the child even have safety craft scissors.)
Now that I'm over my anger and questioned Zane about why he did it, he told me that the part of Eli's hair that sticks out on the sides was bothering him, so he just cut it! Well, I know he's heard that from me, because it does drive me nuts when Eli's hair sticks out on the sides. We joked that we were surprised he didn't have a cape on Eli, since everything else was so real. But he also cut the back supershort. It can't be combed down or covered at all. So, we'll be visiting the real stylist this afternoon (after Eli's doctor/well visit) to get the damage fixed...or shaved, however you want to call it.
Now, this is what gets me...
1.Eli sat still the whole time Zane was doing this. Eli is the kid who kicks and screams and cries the whole time when we take him to get his hair cut! But, when Zane is the stylist, he's content to sit still and read a book!
2.Zane brought over the trash can to where Eli was sitting and was putting the excess hair into the trash can! Seriously, he thought that much about it to throw away the hair he was cutting off. Oh, that child!
So, go on, look at the pics below and have a good laugh and be glad it wasn't your kid this time!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Interview about mommy and Zane:
1. What is something mommy always says to you? Well “Zane, don’t pinch the dog!” (this is true, but not the thing I say most to him!)
2. What makes mommy happy? When you stay good and don’t do anything wrong or mean to her or anything else.
3. What makes mommy sad? When you do something bad.
4. How does your mommy make you laugh? Well, you tickle me and that makes me laugh.
5. What was your mommy like as a child? I’m not sure what she looked like.
6. How old is mommy? I’m not sure how old you are…how old are you?\
7. How tall is mommy? Really tall. Like a grown up.
8. What is mommy's favorite thing to do? I’m not sure. Stay down here (downstairs) by herself and do stuff, like clean up the kitchen and living room.
9. What does your mommy do when you're not around? I don’t know.
10. If your mommy becomes famous, what will it be for? I don’t know…tell me.
11. What is your mommy really good at? Playing basketball.
12. What is your mommy not very good at? Not very good at playing soccer.
13. What does your mommy do for her job? When I was in your tummy, you went to work, and when Eli was in your tummy, you went to work, but now, you stay home and watch us!
14. What is your mommy's favorite food? Anything. (Um…so true right about now!)
15. What makes you proud of your mommy? For picking up my toys and I don’t have to do it.
16. What makes your mommy proud of you? I’m not sure.
17. If your mommy was a cartoon character, who would she be? Mommy.
18. What do you and your mommy do together? Go fishing!
19. How do you know your mommy loves you? Because she’s special.
Most of Zane’s answers started with “Umm, I don’t know”. And then I would have to reword or ask him again to think about something.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
So, she is looking really good. She's a big girl with cute chubby cheeks! I think she may take after Eli a little bit in that area! They estimated that she weighs about 4 pounds and 4 ounces. At 31 weeks, the normal weight is around 3 pounds. So, they are estimating me to be about 2 weeks ahead of where I am. Looks like she may be a big girl! Everything checked out really well with her, but we are scheduled to go back again in 3 weeks just to take another look at her!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Fireman Zane and his Dalmation Dog Eli, with our neighbor, Jake the Pirate.
All of the neighborhood kids running like a herd from house to house.
I love this picture of Eli. He was staring into someone's house just waiting for them to come to the door!
Zane on the boat ride.
Zane and Eli "dancing". This was pretty cute. We were sitting at picnic tables while I enjoyed my Fried Moon Pie and some Tejano music was playing. Zane got up and started dancing and then grabbed Eli as his partner and they twirled around dancing to the music for several minutes!