Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quick Update

I wanted to give a very quick update about all that is going on. Mike and I went last week to Philly to meet movers and get our stuff all packed up. We closed on our house in Allen on Monday and spent all day Tuesday painting! The paint is not complete, but it's much better than it was on Monday. Hardwood floors are being installed today. Carpet is being put down tomorrow and our movers are coming as well. It should make for a very busy and interesting day on Thursday! I'm not quite sure yet how it is all going to work out, but we'll figure it out. Most of our stuff will just go into the garage until the flooring is completed. Then, we'll pull it out as we need to. Maybe this will allow me to do some organizing and clean out some stuff we no longer need.

I cannot wait to be moved in completely! And I cannot wait to see the house once everything is done. It already feels so good to have walls painted and everything looking fresh and neat. We're really ready to be out of the apartment and get settled into our new home.

I have realized how much I missed Philly in just the one month that we had been gone. Granted, there are a lot of things I won't miss, but Philly is such a unique city and it was such a neat opportunity for us to live there for 19 months. I'm working on my list of "Things I love and/or will miss about Philly". Look for that to be posted soon!

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Congrats on the new house! How exciting!!

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

I can't wait to see your new house.

I'm glad you guys can look back on your time in Philly and think happy thoughts. BUT I'm equally (okay more) happy to have you on closer soil.

Zane & Eli can show Pierce the ropes - and add points to our 'testosterone friends' side. :)

AW said...

Congrats on finding the perfect place! And I have to second Kristen's thought: we're so thrilled you're back!

Pandamonium said...

I'm glad the closing went well, and totally understand about wanting to be done with the moving and settling in!

Can you email me your phone/email so we can chat about small groups? We'd like to get you guys back into one!

amanda.redding@gmail.com